Friday, June 22, 2012

Saving Money by Hanging Out Your Laundry

Pin It
 Summer has officially arrived here in NC.   The heat and humidity take a toll on everyone. Of course the heat has it advantages. The garden is thriving (with frequent watering) and of course warm weather is great for hanging the clothes on the line to dry. During the spring time I could not hang clothes out because of the pollen! Now the pollen has cleared up and I can begin to use the clothes line again. Do you use a clothes line to save money?



2 comments:

  1. I found that you can get a whole lot of laundry done at one time this way if you have a large line but right now mine that I made broke so we are using the dryer again. At least my clothes are soft again. Before thwy were crispy from the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my oldest three were younger we had to do at least two loads of laundry every day and we did not have a dryer so I would hang the clothes outside in the warm weather but if it was cold I would hang them inside. I would use regular hangers for the shirts and then use the plastic pants hangers for the pants and such. It did not look all that great but it got the job done. I was a divorced mom of 3 and had to make due. When it is raining here I have lines set up in my basement to hang clothes on as well. We have a large house so I have the room. I am not a big fan of the crispy feeling either. I do tend to hang my towels in the basement for this reason, regardless of weather. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete